Price: $0 Starter Membership
$67 Premium Membership/Monthly
Upsells: from $17 to $997
Owners: Mark Ling
Rating: (3.5 / 5)
What is Affilorama About?
Affilorama is not a scam. It has been around since 2006. It is an affiliate marketing training program with some other tools that they try to upsell that may make your affiliate marketing business grow. Affiliate marketing is basically earning commissions while assisting companies generate sales online, or bridging the gap between buyers and sellers.
Mark Ling, the owner, seems like a straight forward guy. I am pretty knowledgeable on affiliate marketing, because I learned it at Wealthy Affiliate, so I did not upgrade to the premium membership. However, I will tell you everything I noted from spending a few hours on their website.
The Good & the Bad
PRO #1 – Free Starter Membership
PRO #2 – Upsells are only one time fee
PRO #3 – Get expert advice from a veteran and guru in the affiliate marketing business.
CON #1 – Premium membership a bit too expensive.
CON #2 – Upsells can be really costly.
CON #3 – Support is not up to par.
CON #4 – Have too out source for websites and hosting. $$
Affilorama Tools & Training
AffilaTools – this tool, I was actually blown away from. I really like it, and I enjoyed researching my website rankings with it. This tool actually links up with Google Analytics and you can access it right on their platform. I suck at understanding Google Analytics, but for some reason Affilatools was really easy to search through my website date such as traffic and keywords.
A couple features that I really liked about AffilaTools were:
- Health Check – evaluates your website for on page optimization, performance, and indexing. These are all extremely important to gain higher rankings in seo (search engine optimization). As an affiliate marketer, being on the first page of Google, or other search engines will increase your revenue significantly. Especially when it comes to passive income.
- Traffic – shows you data of all the traffic your website is getting overtime. Including traffic for different pages, or keywords. This is great data to have that shows how long users are on a specific page. It also reveals your bounce rate, or the percentage of users that are bouncing from one page to the other. Usually you want to aim for a smaller percentage of people bouncing verse a high amount. Unless, you created the page with the intention of users bouncing to a more centralized page. A page that includes your affiliate links. The purpose is to increase conversions and generate more revenue.
AffilaTools is $0 for members, but unlocks a couple more features if you have the premium membership. Features such as local seo rankings and your competitors rankings, which are helpful when it comes to seo.
Their free starter membership includes basic training on:
- Content Creation
- Site Building
- Marketing Ideas
- PPC (pay per click)- the Yahoo Ads lesson is outdated. As an affiliate marketer you will want to learn how to advertise on both Google and Yahoo. Both of them are different in their own ways, and you’ll want to be knowledgeable in both because you can lose a lot of money if not done properly.
- Affiliate Outsourcing
What I didn’t like about the training…
I don’t feel as if though the training was well set up. It is not step by step, and a lot of people may only get confused. There basically set up like blogs. However, this training gives you the general idea and assists you with setting up your website for affiliate marketing.
If you would like more advanced training, you need to sign up for the premium membership for $67 a month. It provides you with features such as:
- Hosting up to 15 websites
- Up to 10 subdomain names
- 10 email addresses
- Stock images, clipart, banners, logos, and web art
AffiloJetPack – $997
This product/tool is extremely beneficial in the sense that it creates almost an entire email marketing campaign for you that will run on auto-pilot for you for up to a year. Why is beneficial? You’ll find that email marketing is another tool that you can use as an affiliate marketer to boost your earning, sometime significantly if done correctly.
It’s also beneficial because through email marketing you gain subscribers, or build relationships with your readers that can sustain the hand of time. If something happens to any businesses you’re working with (i.e. go out of business), you can build new relationship with new businesses and take your subscribers with you.
AffiloBluePrint – $197
This is a step by step training course filled with 90+ video lessons that walk you through how to create websites based on niche marketing, and finding money making niches that will allow you sell products and earn a commissions on them. This blueprint should help you with:
- Market Research and Keywords – to help you find profitable niches, the best products to promote, and researching keywords.
- Content Creation – to show you how to write quality content on your website.
- Setting Up Your Website and Website Design – Mark includes his own Affilotheme to help you customize your website. It seems like a user friendly theme that helps you design and manage content on your website easily.
This product was created to help you learn how to drive traffic using search engine optimization with 25 videos and 3 hours on traffic generation methods. Also to help you with tracking and analyzing your website to find its weak spots so that you can optimize it which is intended to increase your traffic and sales potential.
What I did find interesting was they help you on how to build an email list, which claims to snowball your earnings on autopilot.
I am not impressed with the support provided at Affilorama. Maybe it’s because I did not upgrade to the Premium Membership, but I just didn’t see enough value so I don’t plan on it either. The support offers better known as a FAQs section. You can choose from multiple issues that you may be having and find tutorials to help you in that area.
- Free Starter Membership – $0
- Premium Membership – $67/month
- AffiloBluePrint – $197
- AffiloJetPack – $997
My Final Opinion of Affilorama
Affilorama was a good experience, but I think I will stay at Wealthy Affiliate. However, there were a couple things Affilorama has inspired me to do, which were:
1) They have inspired me to set a goal for my website to create 100 blogs within my blogroll.
Currently I’m in the high 50s, so I will hit a bench mark when I hit 100. Then I will go ahead and begin my next niche website.
Niche marketing is an excellent online business because you can manage several websites and earn commissions to build a full time income or more while promoting products through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is growing. Within the next 5 years, it is projected to hit over 6.8 Billion in sales a year! Statistics show that the business all over the internet are recording that 20% of their company’s revenue is due to affiliate marketing.
And, 2) They have also inspired me to build an email list.
Mark has said something significant to me, and that was when you build an email list, no matter what happens within this business you will always be able to take your subscribers with you. Having a list is a significant part of your marketing and advertising within your business.
You know what they say, “don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” Building an email list will give you an additional sense of security, if anything happens to a single part of your business (your website, your partnered affiliate programs, etc.)
My Final Opinion of Affilorama
I’d like to say there is not much value in the free starter membership. You don’t get a free website, free hosting, or free domain name. You’ll have to go out and purchase a couple things to get started. I would really prefer a business in a box style, such as the one Wealthy Affiliate. I understand that you can’t get all the treasure for free, but you can certainly give me a small bag of gold for your appreciation of me joining! 🙂
As well as the support, I find the support to be less user friendly. I need more information, faster, such as live chat, and a more active member forum. If you check out the one at Wealthy Affiliate, you’ll see what I’m talking about. I saw members with a day in between their questions and responses. I’m used to getting answers within minutes!
That about sums it up! I never intended to make this review a more like Affilorama vs Wealthy Affiliate type review; even though it may look that way. However, I did intend to show you the difference (see illustration below). Being in the customer service and sales industry, people certainly appreciate information. So I would like to give you all the information up front, and allow YOU to make a wise decision of where you will invest your time, most importantly, your money.
Good luck to you with your online businesses, and feel free to reach out if you need any help, with anything!
Affilorama at a Glance…
Owners: Mark Ling
Price: $0 Starter Membership
$67/monthly Premium Membership
Optional Upsells:$17, $197, $997
Rating: (3.5 / 5)
Do you have a personal experience with Affilorama? If so, I would love to hear about your experience with their product/service. As always, I appreciate your feedback. It truly does help others! 🙂